Baby Stover | Guy and Nancy | WRATS | Stover Pictures

 

Sunday, July 22, 2007

ASPEN'S FIRST TRIP TO THE 'ER'
I HAVE MUCH TO TELL YOU. WE HAVE NOT WRITTEN MUCH LATELY BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN DOING A WORK CAMP WITH OUR TEENS. THAT ALL ENDED ON FRIDAY, BUT I HAVE NEWS THAT CAN'T WAIT. THIS MORNING AS I WAS GETTING READY FOR CHURCH, ASPEN WAS LAYING ON MY BED. SHE WAS SURROUNDED BY MANY LARGE PILLOWS AND SO I THOUGHT SHE WAS SAFE. AS I WAS GETTING READY I SAW HER THROW HERSELF OVER THE PILLOWS OFF THE BED. SHE HIT THE NIGHT STAND WITH HER HEAD AND THEN HIT THE SIDE OF THE BED BEFORE HITTING THE GROUND AND LANDING FACE DOWN. I WAS HYSTERICAL. I RAN TO HER AND SHE WAS NOT MOVING OR CRYING. SHE HAD HER EYES SHUT. SHEER TERROR RAN THROUGH ME. I PICKED HER UP AND SHE BEGAN TO CRY. I COULD NOT FIND MY PHONE TO CALL GUY WHO WAS ALREADY AT CHURCH. AFTER RUNNING AROUND ASKING MY NEIGHBORS FOR A PHONE, I FINALLY DROVE TO THE CHURCH AND FOUND GUY. WE ASKED THE CHURCH SECRETARY TO GO WITH US TO THE ER BECAUSE WE DID NOT EVEN KNOW WHERE IT WAS. WHEN WE GOT THERE ASPEN HAD A CAT SCAN AND MANY OTHER TESTS BEFORE WE WERE TOLD SHE WAS PERFECTLY FINE. ALL THEY COULD FIND WRONG WAS A REALLY BAD EAR INFECTION. WEIRD HUH? I HAD TAKEN HER TO THE DR. THREE DAYS BEFORE FOR BRONCHITIS AND THE DR. SAID HER PREVIOUS EAR INFECTION HAD CLEARED UP. SURPRISE IT IS BACK. THERE IS SERIOUSLY NOT A MARK ON HER. GOD IS AWESOME!!!!!! I SURVIVED MY FIRST BAD SCARY THING WITH MY BABY. I NEVER WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN. IT WAS COOL BECAUSE SOME OF OUR TEENS CAME TO THE HOSPITAL AS WELL AS AMY SHAW WHO USED TO WORK WITH AIM WITH US. I THINK I AM IN CULTURE SHOCK. SINCE WE MOVED HERE ASPEN HAS BEEN TO THE DR. TWICE AND THE ER ONCE. WE HAVE ONLY BEEN HERE 8 WEEKS. ANYWAY - I FELT LOVED TODAY BECAUSE PEOPLE CAME TO BE WITH US AT THE HOSPITAL. I KNOW IN LUBBOCK THAT WOULD HAPPEN, BUT BEING NEW TO PASADENA, I JUST DIDN'T KNOW. GOD IS GOOD. WHEN YOU PRAY TONIGHT THANK GOD FOR PROTECTING ASPEN. I LOVE ALL OF YOU - NAN



5 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger Timbra said...

it's so scary and it happens to us all. how old is she now? about eight months right? when alani was eight months, i set her up on the couch, went to open the blinds, turned around and she was lunging for me, she went head first over the side of the couch. . thankfully a pillow had fallen on the floor while i was putting her on the couch and she landed on the pillow. she only cried because i was so terrified, so she knew there must be something wrong. . . i'm so glad aspen is okay. God is a good protector of our little ones

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Timbra said...

ps, congratulations on surviving the terror and the trauma of it all!

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
I can't believe the first blog I read from y'all is so scary! Go God for saving her! How are you doing? Brandon and Katie are having a hoot with me here in Ukraine :) I love it myself! When will you and Guy go to Lubbock? Stay in touch. Love ya

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Another day in the life of Beau Hart :) said...

Wow, that is scary. I'm really glad it all worked out. HEy, i still need your number, call me 210 633 6474 :)

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Kim W. said...

Poor thing...glad she is okay! Jake went tumbling off the pew at church when he was 15 months old, and I just about died! And that was at 15 months...can't imagine younger. I am glad you are okay now, and Aspen, too. Andra told me the story the other day, and I felt so bad...but just think...there are many more times like this ahead! :) Love yall!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home