Baby Stover | Guy and Nancy | WRATS | Stover Pictures

 

Monday, August 04, 2008

BABY NEWS AND HURRICANE BLUES!

I am lame. Did I really just write that title?? Well, we found out today that we are having DUN DUH DUHHHHHH....another GIRL!!!!!! We are very excited. Guy is taking it like a trooper. Actually he is really happy but all he can think of is paying for weddings and having a house full of girls!!! :-) I left the Dr. today and went straight to Babies R Us to look for a celebratory outfit! We bought little pink converse shoes the day we found out about Aspen and today I looked but was just too picky. In a few days I will look again!


Currently we are waiting for Tropical Storm Eduardo to hit us. The name sounds so suave and cool, but really it is just a mean storm. It keeps being upgraded to Hurricane status and then goes back down. If you look on the map though it is seriously headed right for our house!!
Our new house is just north of Galveston so they are shutting jobs down and everyone is supposed to stay in and wait it out. At Walmart today there were only three loaves of bread left and no water left! CRAZY!! We have gas in the car and plenty of water in case they call for an evactuation, though I think it is a little late for that! So, we are excited about our ten inches of rain and possibility of no electricity!!! :-)Tonight we took the teens to SYS(Summer Youth Series) and there was no one there because of the Hurricane! We felt very cool that we showed up! I am sure the "SMART" people who have actually been in Hurricanes did not go for a reason. Guy and I are hilarious because we keep comparing it to Tornadoes. We both grew up around them so they are not as scary. I think we are pretty naive though and forget a hurricane hits more than a small area!! So, Pray for us!

7 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Timbra said...

congrats. . . two girls. . . i'm excited for you guys. . . girls rock!!!! be safe!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah for you! You will get to use all your cute little girl clothes and pink stuff again!! I hope you are starting to feel better...though it is just a small hope. You are such a trooper; I couldn't survive a pregnancy like the ones you have! You are awesome! We are super excited! We hope to visit in the spring of '09. We can sit around and talk about our new babies, though yours will be older this time around! Congrats. We are so excited for you. Try not to get too wet and stay safe!!
~Luc

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!! I can relate to the being too picky the second time. I did the same thing with Kason. I kept thinking "I don't need to buy this, I have three billion baby boy clothes at home."
Oh well, I'm super excited for you and will be praying for your safety. If you're stuck inside for a long time, watch the first episode of Wipeout online at abc.com It's hilarious!! love yall!
Melanie

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Kim W. said...

YAY!!! So excited for yall! Can't wait to meet Aspen's new little sister! Love ya!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Wix Family said...

congrats on the new baby girl...hope all goes well and don't go getting yourself hurt. love ya

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger David and Olivia said...

Well, we're still praying for you girls and Dad. And will also be praying about the hurricane... yuck you have to deal with that!

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy,
Congratulations! We need to catch up. Our little boy Christian is now 5 months old. Email me so we can say hi.
crismexico3@hotmail.com
I wish you still lived in ole' Lubbock! Crystal (Smith) Reeves

 

Post a Comment

<< Home