Baby Stover | Guy and Nancy | WRATS | Stover Pictures

 

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Camp Adventure, Easter, and Stats


I am always rushing to catch up with posting my blog. So much has taken place in our life and in the lives of those we care about in Houston and we have not had much time to sit and rest! Two and a half weeks ago a young girl who had been a member of our youth group last year, died in a tragic car accident. Our teens and church family were deeply affected by this loss and we have been humbled by the faith and strength of our teenagers who we love so much. Days after this took place, Guy and I took off for Lubbock to take our teens to camp adventure. This was a good thing for the teens to go to because it helped them through some difficult days and allowed them to have some fun. We especially enjoyed it and were reunited with many friends and family. We also greatly appreciated the encouragement that God blessed us with.
Kason Partlow, Aspen, and Eliana Wix

Aspen and her crazy cousins

Aspen and her Great Grandmother Johnson

LTC

The day after we left Lubbock, we took our exhausted teens to LTC(Leadership Training for Christ). They all performed in many events and we had so many gold medals. Aspen enjoyed being around the teens for so many days and just had a ball at the hotel in downtown Houston!

Saturday night a dear friend of mine came into town to see us for a week. Sunday morning we got up early and left the hotel and headed back to Pasadena. Sunday was Easter but it didn't feel much like it because we were all so tired and just wanted to rest. We did manage to hunt easter eggs a few days before Easter with some friends from church!Hunting eggs with the kids at church

Such a big girl holding her basket

Monday night my friend who is staying with us watch Aspen, and Guy and I attended a memorial service for our young teen who passed away. As we watched the slide show of Hannah growing up, I thought about Aspen and how God already knows her life that is ahead of her. It made Guy and I both so emotional thinking about how God has Hannah in his hands now and how that he holds all of us and knows what will happen to us before we do. God is so good to give us the time that we have together!
Friday my good friend left and life is back to being not so exciting and fast paced. I will write more about my surprise visitor later!

STATS:

Aspen is growing everyday and becoming so talkative and adventurous. She began walking...NAY RUNNING on March 12th and has not stopped since. She stands on her toy cars and thinks it is funny to climb on the couch and jump off head first. Her newest words are: NO NO, Bath(BA), PINK(Peeenk), Guy(GIIIII), Thank you(TAY TOO), Water(WA WA). She looked at a book today that is pink and shouted, "PINK". I don't think I have really ever said that before. Then in church on Sunday she saw Guy stand up in church and she shouted, "GUY, GUY, GUY!!!" It was pretty cute! I also said to her today, "do you want to go home?" She said, "NOOOOOOOO". Then I said, "do you want a bath?" She answered, "BA???" She gets very excited about her bath!

2 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger Princess Warrior for my King said...

Hey Nan! So good to catch up on you and your precious family. I miss you so much, but I hold on to the example that you showed me. I don't know if you get my newsletters or not, but you can email me or let me know some how if you want them. I also have a blog if you don't know. Can't wait to read more in the future. Love you so much! Tell Guy that I said hi too. ~Megan Phipps
BLOG: servantfortheking.blogspot.com

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there! It has been too long since I looked at your blog, but was happy to be able to read some! Great post. It took me a minute to figure out you were talking about Lindsay as your 'dear friend.' I was thinking, 'why doesn't she just say the name?' Ahhh....I see now! So, we are super excited about seeing you. It sounds like Aspen has just taken a physical and mental growth spurt. I am so excited to see her and Canaan interact together! It will be great. Canaan really likes being around other kids, he just doesn't play with them. We can't wait to see you! We love you!
Luc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home