Baby Stover | Guy and Nancy | WRATS | Stover Pictures

 

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Life with Aspen

It has been so long since I have posted. One reason for this is that I love to be with Guy and Aspen and really treasure my time with both of them at night. During the day it is impossible to post because I am busy with my girl...changing diapers, feeding, playing, disciplining, putting her down for a nap....and so on. I absolutely love my evenings especially when we get to stay home as a family. About 4 nights a week we do not have a youth activity going on and we eat dinner and play with Aspen until bed time. I put her down around 8:00 and then Guy and I have a few good hours to just talk and spend time together. I really enjoy my time with my favorite people.


This is a pic of Aspen at Christmas. My pretty blue eyed girl


I have not filled anyone in on our girl's stats.

Age - 13 months
Weight 21 pounds
Teeth - 4 on top and 2 on bottom
Crawling very fast, pulling up, walking while holding onto our fingers
Words - MOMMYYYYY(she says this with a very drawn out EEEEEEEEEEE), dada, duck, BABY(again with a very long EEEEE), HI, BYE BYE, NEW(this means nose b/c she points to her nose), Nanny(my other name), MIMI(my mom), LALA(our teen named Lauren), Puppy(she affectionately calls my nephew Christian this).



She has a great sense of humor and anything she can hold she puts up to her ear and says, "YA YA). This is her talking into a phone. She plays chase with us everyday, giggles constantly, and SINGS all the time. Everything is a song and during church she moves her hand with the song leader and sings along. Very cute! She is the biggest flirt at church and all through church she makes googly eyes at people and tilts her head slightly while smiling. Every Sunday people come up to us and say, "get a hold on that girl...she is such a little flirt". :-) She is very strong willed and wants to do what she wants. We are having to discipline(no fun), but she reacts well to it and has been obeying what we encourage her to do. Mostly this is all about repetition. We don't like her near the fireplace and so we continue to discipline her and now she has stopped going near it. YAY!!!!! Other things are not so easy and so we are slowly being thrown into parenting. I am in a parenting class at church and it has really helped me to feel more confidant in what we are doing. Well, I am absolutely exhausted and am going to relax with Guy.

1 Comments:

At 4:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nan-
Yeah for the stats and Aspen updates! Canaan loves moving his hand with the song leader too! Kids are too fun! I am glad things are going well. I am having to 'crack down' on Canaan again. I have got to lax lately and he has taken advantage of it! Oooh, I need to be a more consistent mommy. We will get there.... We love you all! I can't believe Aspen has 6 teeth-what- in two months? And, do you and Guy really get a couple hours of talk if you go to bed at 8:30....HA HA. We love you and miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home