Baby Stover | Guy and Nancy | WRATS | Stover Pictures

 

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Daughter the Hippie

Well, I have many stats to fill you in on, but first I have to share the fact that several people in the past several weeks have commented on Aspen being a hippie. The reason for this is that any time a song, or music of any kind is in the air, Aspen's body instinctively moves with the beat. This is something that became evident at a Christian rock concert we went to at Harding. Aspen was sitting on one of our teenage boy's lap and she threw her arms in the air and let her body go without a care in the world. She swayed and sang along. During Bible class when the teacher begins singing Aspen does this same thing and hums along to the music. She just throws her body around and giggles everytime she hears anything musical! We are JUST SO PROUD! Especially me considering the music lover that I am. Now on to Stats:

14 1/2 months old
6 teeth(4 on top, 2 on bottom)
21 lbs and 29 inches long
Crawling and walking while holding onto our hands
7 steps by herself to date
CLIMBING on everything (she stacked a bunch of her books and climbed on them to get to her cd player......she climbs on our bar stools, couch, coffee table..and anything else that can be climbed)
Cuddling - she is still my baby and after nap time it is not uncommon for me to bring her in the living room and for her to just sit in my lap cuddled up to me for over an hour. I love this!!!!!! Then when she is done...the silliness begins!

SHE LOVES:
BOOKS (she can be found reading quietly in her room while listening to her Disney songs....In fact today I went in her room and watched her stack books to turn on her cd player and then sat down and read a book. Then she climbed back up to turn the volume up...HAHA)

MUSIC
RITZ CRACKERS
JUICE
THE TEENAGERS(She will go to them anyday b/c she knows she will be spoiled)
CELL PHONES - she is obsessed with these.(not good)

Favorite Games:

She uses any and everything as a phone. Anytime she hears a phone ring she will put her hand or whatever she has up to her ear and say "YA YA". It is so funny.

She also pretends to talk to her babies. I think this is sweet.

9 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nan,
Guy was telling us about her climbing; that is why I mentioned you and her in my blog!
I liked reading your stats too! Way to go sista!
We miss you all, but love hearing about how Aspen is doing. That is so hilarious about her 'hippiness' especially with the music! That is SO Nancy sounding!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger flee said...

Ok...I'm trying really hard to understand how you were in Searcy and I didn't know about it until about 30 seconds ago as I read your post. Seriously? We were probably at the game together and never even knew it. Did you know I live in Searcy now? OH right, you forgot! ha! I'm sad our paths didn't cross. Looks like you had a good time. So you guys are in youth ministry? We need to catch up! I love ya Nan!

flee

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger J'Lae said...

She is so big. That is so cute. Maicah (Omar and Tana's boy) also likes music and dances to it. How have you been. I haven't talk to you in forever?

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Melody said...

Yes, the red onesie is the one you sent us! Can't believe how fast they grow. Aspen is so sweet and I know that Jaylen will be a year old before we know it!

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Michael and Katie said...

Guy and Nancy,

This is Michael, the friend who does not respond to emails or blog comments. Sorry. I really enjoyed the recent post. Does your daughter happen to sway in a 4/4 time pattern? Perhaps 6/8 or 3/4? Ah, what sweet memories of the old Alva singing school. Sounds like both of you are doing great, which is awesome! Our baby is due any day and we will try to keep you updated. If you ever get to OKC, you've got a place to stay. Take care and I'll talk to you soon, hopefully much sooner than my last communication.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Nan,
Just wanted to tell you that we were reminded of Aspen at church. Dougle said that one of the kids there looks like Aspen. I looked, and I think it is in the eyes/nose of the little kid. Definitely resembles Aspen, with those same beautiful blue eyes. We love and miss you.
Luc

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Another day in the life of Beau Hart :) said...

Hey, Nan! She's still a cutie, we've got to come and see you guys. We miss y'all. We'll try and come over soon. Thanks for your comment, we can't wait to have our baby already, ha :) Love you guys--Beau

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

OK, Nan. This is Lucy. I am missing you all. I know you are busy, but post something new soon! I am having far-away missing you feelings!
Lucy

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Another day in the life of Beau Hart :) said...

I guess I should really call which maybe i will later, but we thought about coming over next week (Monday night leaving on Tuesday). Are you guys busy? Love you guys--Beau

 

Post a Comment

<< Home