Baby Stover | Guy and Nancy | WRATS | Stover Pictures

 

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

SNOW.....IN HOUSTON!!!!!!
I have lived where it snows my whole life and I do not think I have ever been this excited to see it! It has not snowed in Houston in 4 years and we have lived here a year a half and have never seen snow. The last time we saw it was while we were in the hospital after Aspen was born. It snowed for a few days and she came home to our house with snow covering everything!! I am due with Baby Sydney in 2 weeks and it is so neat that it is snowing here. Aspen had a rough night and for some reason would not fall asleep. She had been in her room crying for a really long time when we looked outside to see our entire yard covered with snow! So...being the good mother I am, I got Aspen out of bed (so now she thinks we will not be consistant with going to bed :-)) and we put her warm clothes on and took her outside to play for a while. Needless to say she did not go to bed till 10:45 and her usual bed time is 8:00. She loved the snow and her daddy taught her how to throw snow balls at her very pregnant mommy. NICE DADDY!!! After we played a while we came in and started a fire and Aspen wanted a snack. We were in a tradition making mood, so we all got a glass a milk and had some donuts and milk and watched the snow fall! It was a really great memory and you never know but this could be one of the only times Aspen will ever see snow.




















5 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nan I LOVE this!! The pic of Aspen cheesin is so my new desktop background. :) I'm totally jealous of you guys getting snow! Hopefully it will come to us next week.. :/ I love how I come to Harding where I semi expect it to snow, and HOUSTON gets it before I do.. Bummer dude.
See you in a WEEK!

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe it snowed in Houston! My brother lives in Missouri City, by the way. How fun to see your daughter play in the snow. She's so cute!

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Wix Family said...

How much fun it was for you guys to get snow! If you ever want to borrow some of ours you can...I really love Aspens jacket Where did you get it. I love it! Did I mention I really like Aspens jacket its really cute. LOL. I am glad you got to break the rules for the sake of memories isn't it fun to do! Love you and miss you

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Guy and Nancy said...

Hey Stacey! I got her coat at Dillards! I actually went to Walmart and a few places and their wintery coats were 30.00-40.00 then I found this at Dillards for 19.00! I was shocked! It was in October though and I haven't seen anymore there in a while. Weird enough but Dillards has pretty expensive kids clothes when they are on sale and this coat was not on sale!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Timbra said...

alani loves the snow. . . i'm glad kids love snow, but it's not for me :) i used to love it as a kid, for a little while!!! What a fun little experience and memory for aspen. oh, one time "giving in" on the bedtime routine won't spoil her for life. . . . nice that you can bend a little and share such a fun night in the snow together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home