Baby Stover | Guy and Nancy | WRATS | Stover Pictures

 

Sunday, March 01, 2009

I love my kids

I had such a good week with my girls! It is funny how some days I just think how will I ever get through this day because I am so tired, and other days I cannot imagine life without my two little girls and all the joy they bring. I have said it so many times, but I have so much more energy now that Sydney has been born. I am really loving life and enjoying waking up each day to spend with my kids! This week was not different than any other except I just enjoyed reflecting on how much God has blessed me. Ironically Aspen got into everything this week but for some reason I didn't get too overwhelmed. Here are some examples....On Monday Aspen came running into the living room with my lipstick all over her face and she said, "i'm pretty Nanny". I was a bit upset but then just started laughing to myself b/c you should have seen this child covered in lipstick. Then I walked through the house and found lipstick on my dresser, walls, recliners, and floor! Aspen did get in trouble, but truthfully why did I leave my lipstick where she could play with it?? The next day I was putting Syd's bow on her head with Kairo Syrup and right in front of me Aspen grabbed the syrup and poured it all over the carpet! Now let me tell you...she got a pretty big spanking for this and now refers to the syrup as, "no no". Then, last night she came walking into my room with lemonade all over her. All she said to me was, "Oh no Nanny Oh no". She is absolutely into everything and so I have learned the hard lesson of putting things up high and also balancing that with making sure she knows there are just things she does not need to touch. It is so funny because up until about two weeks ago she just left everything alone. All this said, I am so grateful to have a child that is healthy enough to play and get into trouble. I am so thankful to God for giving me the job and the pleasure of raising to girls to be like him! I love being a parent!!

Sydney is 9 weeks old and is really starting to smile and try to talk to us. She makes the sweetest cooing noises. At her two month appointment she was 11 pounds and 14 ounces. Her height was 21 inches. She is in the 50th percentile pretty much across the board! She is also holding her head up really well when we place her on her tummy! She eats at around 10:00 everynight and then sleeps until around 4:00 a.m. I feed her at 4:00 and then she sleeps till around 8:00. I cannot get over that I am only feeding her once in the middle of the night! It is just awesome!!! Enjoy the pictures!


In their matching outfits Mimi bought them


My 9 week old girl

holding her up well










Aspen put my lipstick all over the door

She crashed on me after playing outside with daddy

4 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Another day in the life of Beau Hart :) said...

the lipstick thing was great, really cracked me up, ha! Wow, I can't believe y'all are the parents of two now! Can't wait to see yall! Love you guys :)

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I love new pics, they're the highlight of my week! I wish I could have been there to see Aspen give herself that little makeover. hah! Sydney is growing so much! I think she's starting to look more like Aspen, just with those adorable dimples! :) She still looks more like you too. ;) ha Love ya!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Kim W. said...

Okay...Sydney seriously looks like a play doll...meaning she looks like she could be one of Aspen's toy dolls! That cracks me up! She is just so perfect looking! The picture of Aspen cheezin' it up and Guy feeding Sydney a bottle, Sydney almost doesn't look real!! TOO CUTE! Love yall!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Kim W. said...

Oh yea...loved the syrup story, by the way! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home