Baby Stover | Guy and Nancy | WRATS | Stover Pictures

 

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Is there anything better..


Is there anything better than holding your baby? I am not sure why, but the past several days I just cannot get enough of Aspen. I am fortunate enough to be able to stay home with her, and lately I have been thinking about the fact that one day she will not want me to hold her anymore. I have heard from so many people.."don't hold your baby all the time or she will never learn to be ok without you". I understand the reasoning behind that, but I just have to hold that precious girl and love on her. I have put housework and other things on hold lately because I cherish those times with her so much. A good friend of mine named Lena Powell is 81 years old, and when Aspen was born she gave me quite different advice than a lot of people when she said, "hold her all the time and never become too busy to cuddle with her." At the time I was exhausted from late night feedings and I was like, "yeah yeah...sure when I have a break from feeding her I will gladly enjoy her." Her advice was so good though and stems from her enjoyment of her babies. She seems like she enjoyed being a mom so much. I want to enjoy Aspen as well. She is really getting big. We have a new game where I chase her and she crawls away as fast as she can. When she crawls away she looks behind at me and just giggles because I tell her I'm gonna get her. She is also pulling up on chairs and trying to balance herself. I want her to stay a baby as long as possible. It seems like they change and grow so fast! God is so good to bless us with such a sweet girl.

6 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweet girl! I can't wait to see some pictures of her. When will you ever post new pictures?! You better hurry up and get a new camera! Or maybe you are waiting until we get back so that Brandon can take some more awesome pictures of her? Yes, that is probably it. :)

I sure do miss the three of you. And I really need to talk to you because I'm starting to go baby crazy here. I keep wondering if I can wait five more years to have a sweet little baby of my own! Yes, it's definitely time to call you. Maybe I'll have a chance to call this weekend.

Love you and miss you!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Guy and Nancy said...

KATIE - AHHHHHHHHH! BABY CRAZY?? How exciting...Love you girl so much, Nan

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Another day in the life of Beau Hart :) said...

Yes, I totally understand. I just can't seem to put Shaggy down. I put him in bed and Kris yells to put him down. I just can't get enough of him (for pictures go to my website) hahaha :) Love you guys and can't wait to come back over :)

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Jessica L. Johnson said...

Oh Nan...I am so proud of you! You're doing a great job. I was given advice to put Christian into "school" two years ago because he is so shy. Well I didn't because he was my baby. Now he is in school and is doing just fine! Now I look at both of my kids going to school and cry everyday because I will never have them so small and home with me all the time. Enjoy your beautiful girl because it will be gone before you know it!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Guy and Nancy said...

Thanks Jess. I learned from the best..YOU - love you, Nan

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hold her all you can! What wonderful advice to love on your baby as much as you can! Canaan has recently fallen asleep in my arms twice (hardly ever happens) and I just love it! Nan, you are a wonderful mom- you have been since the day she arrived and always will be! You keep God and your hubby and your family as priorities- and that is the best! We love and miss you all. Can't wait to see her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home